Thrive Youth Center in San Antonio is a safe space where shelter, support and encouragement is provided to all LGBTQ+ young adults experiencing homelessness, where they can transform their lives to flourish and Thrive.
Did you know that LGBTQ+ youth are 120% more likely to experience homelessness than non-LGBTQ+ youth? Additionally, 45% of homeless young adults identify as LGBTQ+.
Thrive Youth Center By the Numbers:
- Since opening in 2015, Thrive has served more than 250 young adults and housed 100 youth
- Thrive’s Street Outreach team has had 141 meaningful encounters with young adults, leading to 49 youth entering shelter
- 29 Thrive youth have obtained a GED or High School Diploma
- 11 transgender young adults have obtained a legal name and gender-marker change
- 50 youth who were unemployed when entering housing with Thrive have gained meaningful employment